Many patients taking macuna (L-Dopa) will experience nausea as a side effect. This is caused by an imbalance of serotonin and dopamine. The amount of serotonin precursor (5HTP) needs to be adjusted.
- Do not increase macuna until nausea is under control.
- If taking 1 capsule neuroreplete (NR) 2x/day, lower to 1 capsule 1x/day for 3 days.
- If nausea continues increase NR to 1 capsule 3x/day for 3 days.
- If nausea continues increase NR to 2 capsules 2x/day for 3 days.
- If nausea continues increase NR to 4 capsule 2x/day.
If at any point the nausea is somewhat improved after 3 days, continue at that dose for a few more days as it will often resolve by day 5.
If this protocol does not quickly solve the nausea symptom be sure to contact your provider as there may be other reasons for the nausea.