Levulan Photodynamic Therapy (PDT), a 2-part treatment, is unique because it uses a light activated drug therapy to destroy AKs. How does it work? Levulan Kerastick Topical Solution is applied to the AK. The solution is then absorbed by the AK cells where it is converted to a chemical that makes the cells extremely sensitive to light. When the AK cells are exposed to the BLU-U Blue Light Illuminator, a reaction occurs which destroys the AK cells.
The 2-part treatment offers the following conveniences:
- No prescription to fill
- No daily medication to remember
- Treatment is administered by a qualified healthcare professional
Levulan PDT can also fit your lifestyle:
- The 2-part, 2 office visit treatment is completed in less than 24 hours
- Low downtime*
- High ratings for cosmetic response
- No scarring reported to date
*Patients treated with Levulan PDT should avoid exposure of the photosensitized lesions to sunlight or prolonged or intense light for at least 40 hours.
Ask us if Levulan PDT is right for you!